Thursday, January 27, 2011

#168: Italian Roast Wraps

Yummy, yummy, yummy.  This was easy and oh so yummy!  Mmmmmm.....  Did I mention this was easy??  The original recipe said to serve this in a flour or corn tortilla.  I knew I would not like this if I made it that way, so we served ours on crunchy tostada shells instead.  Good choice!!  You could easily top this with salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, etc., but I didn't have any of that on hand, so cheese and sour cream were perfectly fine choices for me. 

We got 2 dinners plus an extra serving for Brian to take for lunch out of this roast.  (The girls had leftover pumpkin sloppy joes instead). 

2 to 3 pounds of frozen roast (I used a chuck roast)
1/2 pouch Italian dressing mix
Whole wheat tortillas (I used tostada shells)
Sour cream
Chopped fresh tomatoes


Place frozen roast in a crock pot. Sprinkle 1/2 pouch Italian dressing mix onto roast. (I added 1/3 c water).  Cook on low for 5 hours. (I cooked on low for 10 hours, and mine was partially thawed).  Shred meat or slice thinly. Spoon meat onto a warm tortilla and top with tomatoes and sour cream.

About 2 1/2 oz of meat = 4 ww+ pts.
Our tostada shells (Aldi brand) = 5 ww+ pts for 3 shells

No comments:

Post a Comment