Saturday, January 15, 2011

#154: Meal in One Casserole


I intended to run home during lunch to make this in the crockpot like the recipe suggests, but I really didn't want to have to run home, so I put it in the crockpot (w/out the noodles) the night before and let it go for about 2 1/2 hours.  Then I got tired of waiting for it to finish, so I just stuck it in a bowl in the fridge and finished it when I got home from work the next day. 

Brian gave this a 1.  He tried it, but ended up making himself a pita pizza instead because he said it had way too many vegetables for him.  Chloe thought it was just okay, but Allison and I loved it!
1 lb ground beef (I used ground chicken)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I omitted)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (11 ounce) jar salsa
5 cups cooked medium egg noodles (I used farfalle noodles)
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used 1/2 can of petite diced)
1 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar or mexican cheese blend


Original Directions:
In skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and drain. Transfer to crock pot. Add green pepper, corn and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour salsa over mushrooms. Top with noodles.



Pour tomatoes and water over all. Then sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through.

My directions:
In skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and drain. Transfer to crock pot. Add green pepper, corn, mushrooms,
salt, pepper, salsa and diced tomatoes.  Mix to combine.  Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until heated through.



Make noodles in a pot of water according to package directions. 

Place cooked noodles in a bowl, top with meat mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese. 


My version = 8 ww+ pts for the meat mixture, plus 5 ww+ pts for 1 c noodles 

No comments:

Post a Comment