Monday, January 3, 2011

January Freezer Cooking

I FINALLY finished my January Dinner Freezer Cooking Meals/Menu.  I initially planned on spending all day today (Monday) cooking but since almost all of the recipes were new recipes, I figured it would take me a lot longer and I better get started on it sooner.  So when we got home from vacation on Friday I went grocery shopping.  I started cooking that night, did quite a few things on Saturday, a little more yesterday and finally finished the pizza/ground turkey recipes today.  Phew, done!  As you can see there are no planned days out, so I'm sure things will get bumped around eventually, but as of now, I do not have to think about our dinners again until February 11th.  You will also notice that "spaghetti" has shown up several times this month.  It is Brian and Allison's most requested food and we are trying to stay under $400 a month grocery budget this year.  (In 2010 we averaged $500 a month) So far I have $194 left until the end of the month -- or $48.50 a week (that includes diapers, hair/bath products, misc. groceries, produce, lunch/snack items, etc.)  This could be a challenge!!  Stay tuned as A LOT of new recipes will be reviewed and posted this month!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment