Sunday, January 9, 2011

#150: Chocolate Chip Breakfast Biscuits


If we stay within our grocery budget this month I'll be totally amazed!  So when I was looking for a recipe to make for the girls to take to school with them to share with their friends, I needed a recipe that I already had all of the ingredients for.  Thankfully I stumbled upon this one!!

We liked these biscuits.  These would make a nice breakfast treat to take to someone's house, especially if you took the time to roll it out and made them all look the same.  (See below for my opinion on rolling out though).  Yep, I'd make these again!


3 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 T. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
1/2 c. butter
1-2 c. chocolate chips
1/2-1 c. milk (I used just short of 1 c)


1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut butter into the flour mixture until crumbly. (This did not get crumbly for me).  Stir in chocolate chips.

2. Add the milk, a little at a time, just until dough comes together. If you accidentally add too much milk and the dough becomes sticky, just add a little more flour. 

3. Roll out dough and cut, or just drop 1/4 c. portions onto a baking sheet. (Why roll it out when you can make it easier?!  This dough does not spread out when baked, so I just pulled off pieces of dough and plopped it onto a lightly greased baking sheet.  SO easy!)  Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until fully cooked and lightly browned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment