Wednesday, January 12, 2011

#152: Grands Taco Melts

I decided to flip my taco melts over half way through cooking, so that's why the tops are a little flat and very browned.
Mine did not turn out as pretty as the picture from Pillsbury, but these still tasted pretty good!  They were a little spicy, but I would still make these again.  I topped mine with sour cream, but if you added shredded lettuce and tomatoes that would be really good too!


Allison did a pretty good job eating these, Chloe wasn't a fan, and Brian liked them and said he'd eat them again. 

1 package taco seasoning
1 1/4 c water
1/2 c salsa (I used picante sauce)
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained (I used 3/4 lb ground turkey)
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands Refigerated Biscuits (any variety)
1 C shredded mexican blend cheese

1/3 c fat free refried beans
Sour Cream (if desired)

Heat oven to 375°F.  In medium saucepan, cook taco seasoning mix, water, 1/2 cup of the salsa, refried beans, and cooked ground beef until thickened.  (I added the cheese to the mixture too so I could skip a step later on).

Press each biscuit into 6-inch round.  Fill each with taco mixture (and 1 tablespoon cheese--if not already added in).  Fold dough over filling and press to seal.  Place on greased cookie sheet. 

This is where I flash froze mine until ready to use. 
Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. (I baked mine frozen for about 25 mintues).  Serve with remaining salsa, extra cheese and sour cream.
This filling made enough for 8 taco melts plus extra filling for 4 or 5 more for another meal.

My version is 13 ww+ pts for TWO taco melts (I can't really say 6.5 pts each since the new plan doesn't do half points)

No comments:

Post a Comment