Monday, January 3, 2011

#141: Sausage and Cheese Turnovers

I made these a few days ago and then stuck them in the freezer until we planned to eat them tonight.  While they were cooling on a cooling rack (and I was napping), Allison took THREE of them off  the cooling rack and had herself a little (or big) snack.  These are yummy!  SUPER YUMMY!  I'm still thinking about them since dinner.  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................


I found this recipe on a new blog I came across called Cooking during stolen moments...I knew right then and there, this website was meant for me!!


3 cans of cresent rolls
1 lb. bulk pork sausage, fully cooked and drained (I used turkey breakfast sausage patties, cooked, and crumbled)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (next time I'll only use 6 oz)
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. sliced green onions (green parts only) (I used regular onions that I sauteed w/the sausage)
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper


In a large mixing bowl, combine fully cooked sausage, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, and seasonings. Stir to combine well.

Roll out crescent rolls to make one large sheet.  Cut into 8 rectangles.  Place about 1 tablespoon of the sausage mixture into the center of each section of dough.  Fold over the dough and seal the seams with a fork.  Continue this process with the remaining sections and portions of dough.


Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.

****I baked these fully before freezing. To reheat, do not thaw first. Just place desired number of turnovers on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until heated through.

WW+ pts = 6 each

No comments:

Post a Comment