Thursday, January 20, 2011

#162: Chicken NOT on a stick



I love weelicious.com.  There are so many great, family friendly, kid friendly recipes.  There are several of her recipes on my menu this month!  My family loves chicken fingers and nuggets, so I intended to make these actually on a Popsicle stick as directed.  But as I started to separate my 6 lbs of chicken tenders into different meals, I ended up with a lot of little nugget size pieces, so I figured instead of putting these on a stick, I'd just roll it in the cornflake mixture. 
These were yummy!  We all enjoyed these and will be making them again.
 2 Cups Cornflakes
1 Tsp Salt
1 Lb. Chicken Tenders, remove white stringy tendon (I cut mine into nugget sizes)
1 Cup Buttermilk (I made my own)
1 Pkg Popsicle Sticks (I omitted)
5 shakes garlic salt

Vegetable Canola Oil Spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place the cereal and salt in a zip lock bag food processor and crush until the size of breadcrumbs.
Pour the buttermilk in one bowl and the cereal in another.  Take the Popsicle sticks and skewer the chicken tenders on to the sticks leaving a 1 inch handle.

Roll the chicken tenders in the buttermilk and then in the cereal, coating the chicken completely.  Line a sheet tray with foil and spray it with oil.  Place the chicken tender sticks on the sheet tray and lightly spray them with oil and cover stick handles with foil so they do not burn.  Bake for 16-18 minutes or until cooked through.


To freeze: After coating the chicken with cornflakes, place on a sheet tray and freeze for 30 minutes. Transfer to a Ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, place on prepared baking sheet and add an additional 3-5 min cooking time (do not defrost).

No comments:

Post a Comment