Tuesday, January 4, 2011

#142: Meatball and Stuffing Bake



I found this recipe at Deep South Dish, and I made a few subsititutions to make this easier and more MY family friendly.  As I put this together for dinner my first thought was "I'm going to love this, Brian is going to hate this one."  I was happily WRONG!  He enjoyed it...except for my trying to kill him by putting peas in the dish!  I will definitely make this again.  I loved it!

1 box prepared stuffing (any kind) (I made 2 cups of stuffing for this)

2 cans of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup (I used 1 can light cream of chicken)
1/2 cup of milk (I used 1/4 c skim milk)
2 (one pound) packages of frozen, pre-cooked meatballs (I used 25 homemade turkey meatballs)
2 cups of frozen peas (I used 1/4 c)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (I used 3/4 c)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray an oblong baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.


In a small saucepan, sautee onion in non-stick cooking spray.  Set aside.
Meanwhile, prepare stuffing according to box directions.
When done, add the onions to the stuffing. 


In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the soup and milk.

Add the meatballs to the baking dish, top with the frozen peas, and pour the soup mix on top. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, and top with the stuffing mixture. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, or until casserole is well heated through and bubbly. If you prefer your stuffing to have a crunchy top, cook uncovered and check dish at about 30 minutes.

My version prepared is: 8 meatballs = 6 ww+ pts; 1/4 of pan of stuffing (w/the cream sauce and some peas)= 6 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment