Sunday, January 23, 2011

#165: Johnny Marzetti with Cheesy Noodles


It always disappoints me when I make something and I LOVE it and Brian doesn't.  : (  I know it won't be returning on our menu...but this one just might.  I really did enjoy this!  I found this recipe at Once a Month Cooking and if you soy sauce, you'll like this one because you can really taste it! 

PS...Chloe liked the meat but not the noodles, but Allison had 2 full servings!! 

1 pound ground beef (I used 3/4 lb ground turkey)

1 medium green pepper, cut in strips (I omitted)
1 beef bouillon cube
2 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon sugar
16 ounces tomatoes, diced, undrained (I used 8 oz of the tomatoes (mine were petite diced) but all of the liquid)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoons garlic powder
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
8 oz egg noodles
4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (I used 2 oz)


Directions:
Boil water for the egg noodles and cook as you prepare the rest of this dish. Brown the ground beef and onion. Drain the fat off. Add in the diced tomatoes, green peppers, garlic powder and bouillon cube. Simmer a few minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the water, soy sauce, sugar and corn starch. Add liquid mixture to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Drain cooked noodles and place them in large serving bowl or pot. Mix in cheddar cheese. Serve Johnny Marzetti over the cheesy noodles.


Freezing Directions:
Follow directions to make the meat mixture.  Do not prepare the cheesy noodles.  Freeze the meat mixture, then let thaw before serving.  Reheat meat mixture in the microwave.  Just before serving, prepare the noodles as directed then finish plating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment