Tuesday, December 30, 2014

#1,415: Club Crackers Meatloaf


I asked Brian what he wanted for dinner tonight and he told me he wanted meatloaf.  Since he wasn't specific enough about which meatloaf recipe he wanted, he left tonight's dinner open for me to try a new recipe.  This recipe is called "the best meatloaf ever," however I think everyone thinks their recipe is the BEST ever.  I'm changing the name of this one to "club crackers" meatloaf since that's the main binding agent in this recipe....and "best meatloaf" doesn't help me remember which recipe/meatloaf I'm looking for.

My family really enjoyed this meatloaf.  Although Brian thought some of my crackers weren't crushed enough...everyone is a critic!  This made a big meatloaf for our family so we ate it two nights in a row.  I'd say that's a win if everyone will eat it not only once, but twice!



1 1/2 lb Ground Beef (I used ground turkey)
2 eggs
1 1/2 packs of club crackers
1/3 cup Brown Sugar 
3/4 cup Ketchup
Lawrys Seasoning Salt (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

For Sauce
2/3 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl put your ground beef, all your crackers crushed by hand, brown sugar and seasoning (for salt pepper and seasoning I would add a dash or sprinkle).  Then add in your ketchup and your eggs.   Then mix well by hand. Pack well in your meatloaf pan and place in oven for approx. 45 minutes or so. 


While the meatloaf is cooking you can make your sauce.  Mix the Ketchup, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar.  You will spread this on top the last 10 minutes of cooking.

3 comments:

  1. What is 1 & 1/2 packs of Club crackers? What kind of packs? You don’t mean the little 2-packs you get in restaurants, do you? How many crackers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I use a whole sleeve of crackers from the box. I THINK there are 3 sleeves in a box, so I'd use half of a box (if there's really 3 sleeves)

    ReplyDelete