Sunday, December 28, 2014

#1,409: Almond Hericot Verts


I had some hericot verts in my fridge so I went to pinterest to find a paleo/healthy recipe to use them up.  I came across this recipe and was eager to try it.  I LOVED this super simple green bean recipe, and will probably make it again tomorrow night for dinner again.  

1 lb French-Style Green Beans
1/8 cup Almonds, sliced
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter

Rinse green beans in a colander. Pour green beans into a pot filled with 3–4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, and allow to boil for 5–6 minutes. Once green beans are tender, remove from heat and strain from water.

Melt pasture butter in a small saucepan. Add in almonds once melted, and cook over medium-low heat for 3–4 minutes.

Add the green beans to the sauce pan, and toss to evenly distribute butter and almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment