Monday, December 22, 2014

#1,396: Super Easy, 4 Ingredient Chocolate Strudel



Yes, I know, another terrible photo of a really great recipe.  I was in a huge rush after making this recipe that I literally took it out of the oven and ran out the door.  I was impatiently waiting for it to finish cooking with my coat on and the kids in the car!  So this is the best I could get!!

This recipe is SOOOO simple, and SOOOO rich, so you don't need to eat a lot of it.  I make this for a quick, semi-fancy-ish breakfast with my inlaws.  It's not healthy, but it sure is good.  Don't let the addition of the nuts in this deter you either, because they aren't overpowering at all.  I will definitely be making this again!!


The recipe below is for ONE puff pastry sheet.  They are sold in packages of two, so I just doubled the recipe.  Actually, I used a whole bag of chocolate chips (12 oz) so it had a little extra chocolate in it!



1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
4 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
½ cup Walnuts, chopped
1 Tablespoon butter

Lightly flour a surface and open up the puff pastry sheet.  Roll out to about 12" square. You hardly have to roll at all and only by the shortest side.

Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.  Add the butter and microwave for 30 seconds, stir and if needed microwave at 15 second intervals. Stir until glassy.
Spread on the chocolate to about ½" from the edge.  Sprinkle on the chopped nuts.  Start rolling up - jelly roll style.  Place the seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.  Cut about 6 diagonal slices along the top.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Let cool on a wire rack.  If you like - sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment