Monday, December 22, 2014

#1,397: Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

I asked the girls to choose a cookie that they wanted to help me make for Santa.  I took them to my Pinterest boards and tried to convince them to make a recipe that has been on one of my boards for a long time.  THIS was one of those recipes that I've pinned and never had a reason to make.  (I pinned this one THREE years ago!)  Thanks girls, for helping me make/remove this one from my board!  They were able to help make this recipe from start to finish.  And since these are for Santa, I knew he wouldn't care if they weren't perfect looking or all the same size.  So they did all of the work!

The girls are really enjoying eating the extra cookies and taste testing them for Santa.  I think Santa will like this one too.  These have a great minty flavor and the girls love that they are green!  The edges did start to turn more brown (as you can see in the photo above) if it over cooks, so if you are making these for guests, you need to really watch them.  For our family and for Santa however, we don't care how they look!


1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
½ cup butter or margarine, softened
¼ to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
6 to 8 drops green food color
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks (I used chocolate chips)

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment