Monday, December 1, 2014

#1,385: Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole

I really have got to give my family a little more credit...every time I think they are going to hate a recipe, they enjoy it!  Maybe that means I am expanding their food repertoire and experiences enough that they are actually enjoying different foods and recipes.  I for sure thought the green onion and bacon in this recipe would make them all just look at this recipe and not want to eat it.  I was wrong.  :)  I think this would be better with regular bacon instead of turkey bacon like I used, but I already had some cooked and in the freezer so I was going with what was on hand.  I will definitely be making this again for my family!

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch pieces
5 medium Russet or Idaho potatoes, cut in 1 inch pieces
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
2 green onions, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
Spread the diced chicken and potatoes evenly into the baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly over the chicken and potatoes. Stir to coat the chicken and potatoes.
Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes (I cooked mine for about 45 minutes).


Remove from oven, and sprinkle evenly with the cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and onion. Bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment