Saturday, December 13, 2014

#1,392: Lentil butternut squash curry

I often avoid "curry" recipes because I didn't think it would be a food group/recipe that I liked.  But, I loved the idea of butternut squash and lentils, so I figured I'd give this recipe a try.  I am so glad I did, because it was not only so super simple to make, but it's really good too.  I thought curries would be spicy but this one isn't spicy at all.  

1 diced onion
2 cups red or brown lentils
2 cups diced butternut squash
14-ounce can coconut milk
15-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon curry powder
 teaspoons salt
8 cups water

Add all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  (I used frozen diced squash and added it about halfway into the cooking time.  It is SO soft (which I like) but I was afraid if I added it at the beginning it would be complete mush). 



No comments:

Post a Comment