Sunday, December 28, 2014

#1,411: 7-Layer Dip Salad


One of my brother's favorite appetizers is a 7-layer dip.  He's not a big veggie eater, but he just might love this recipe since it incorporates all of the same ingredients and flavors.  I made this to eat in lettuce cups and then as a salad, and I can say that this tastes much better served in little lettuce cups.  (Not sure why, but I enjoyed it more).  

Wash and dry romaine lettuce leaves/cups.  Fill each lettuce cup with your desired toppings/ingredients from the list below (or your favorite 7-layer dip ingredients):

refried beans 
ready-made guacamole or avocado
sour cream 
canned beans, rinsed and drained; pinto and/or black
shredded cheese
chopped tomatoes
diced bell pepper
sliced green onion or diced red onion
sliced black olives
minced cilantro

I ended up using almost all of the ingredients listed above, mainly because I had them on hand and I enjoy pretty much everything on that list.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment