Monday, December 1, 2014

#1,384: Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup

My pre-New Years resolution is to promise to take slightly better photos of my foods/recipes next year.  It probably should start with not using my phone!  Some days though, it a matter of snapping a pic before someone needs something, something on the stove needs to come off, or I'm just too tired to go get the real camera.  I promise, I'll make a better effort.

Okay, I feel better now....let's move on to this recipe.  Anything that involves my crockpot is a high priority recipe for me.  This one was simple, and one that I knew I would enjoy since I love un-stuffed peppers.  This isn't anything super special or original, but it was easy, and I'm enjoying it.  I was going to make it paleo by adding in some grated cauliflower, but I ran out and gave in to some brown rice instead.  I was afraid the rice would get too soft and mushy if I let it cook in this the entire time, so I just added it in at the end.  Still worked for me!  I would definitely make this recipe again.  I also forgot to add the peppers into this until it was about 2 hours into the cook time, and I think they came out perfectly.  I'll probably add them a little later next time too!  


1 lb extra-lean ground beef 
1 c onion, diced
14-1/2 oz can diced tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onions
2 c green peppers and/or red peppers, chopped
15 oz can tomato sauce
3 c beef broth
½ t dried basil
½ t dried oregano
1 c cooked rice

Brown your beef with your onion in a skillet over medium heat. Drain your beef and onions and place in our slow cooker. Add your canned tomatoes (juice and all) and the rest of your ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment