Saturday, December 27, 2014

#1,401: Warm Fruit Compote


I was a little leery about making this recipe because it had so many different canned fruits included (some of which I am not fans of...ie mandarin oranges!), but I knew it would be easy to make and most likely my kids would probably eat it.  I was right!  One of my kids in particular loved this recipe and enjoyed it for several meals afterwards both warm and cold from the fridge.  It is a great way to use up any canned fruits you have taking up space in your pantry.  Below is the original recipe that I found/made, but I only used pineapple tidbits, cherry pie filling, and a can of mixed fruit (with the grapes picked out) along with the sugar and spices and made it in an 8x8 pan instead.  Such a simple, easy breakfast to make!

1 can Pineapple Chunks
1 can Pineapple Tidbits
1 can Peach Slices
1 can Fruit Cocktail
1 can Mandarin Oranges
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1/4-1/2 tsp allspice

Drain the fruit (except for pie filling) and add fruit to 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Stir to combine.
Pour Cherry Pie filling over fruit and spread evenly. Sprinkle brown sugar over pie filling.
Sprinkle spices over sugar.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and gently stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment