Monday, December 22, 2014

#1,394: Cinnamon Maple Butternut Squash

I'm sure this would have been better if I had used fresh squash, but I had a bag of frozen butternut squash in my freezer that I was dying to use up.  This was a little bit mushy (because I used the frozen squash), but I really liked the flavors of this recipe.  I ate this for breakfast one day, and it was so filling.  I love the healthiness of the squash, but the slight sweetness from the maple syrup.  A LOT of the syrup cooked off so it isn't as unhealthy as I thought it might be.  I would definitely make this again. 


1 Butternut Squash (peeled and diced)
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp. Grass-fed Butter
Cinnamon to taste
A pinch of Salt

Heat the coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the butternut squash and let cook, stirring frequently to get all sides soft. Once the squash has become fork tender (about 10-15 minutes) add the other ingredients. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the squash is completely coated in maple syrup goodness.


No comments:

Post a Comment