Saturday, December 27, 2014

#1,405: Candy Cane Punch

My kids loved eating the ice cream in this recipe, but all three thought it was too "spicy."  I personally enjoyed it though, although I did think it was a little sweet.  I don't know if it really needed the strawberry jelly added to it or not, since it probably would have been just as good (to me anyway) but putting peppermint ice cream in a glass and just adding some Sprite to it.  IF I make this again, that's probably what I would do.  I liked it, but it wasn't a hit with my crew. 

2 jars (10 ounces each) strawberry jelly
2 liters lemon-lime soda, divided
2 quarts peppermint stick ice cream
Miniature candy canes, optional

In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups soda. Chill the jelly mixture and remaining soda. Just before serving, place 6 cups ice cream in a punch bowl. Gently stir in jelly mixture. Add remaining soda. Add remaining ice cream by scoopfuls. Garnish with candy canes if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment