Thursday, January 29, 2015

TBT: Easy Five (Ingredient) Mexican Dip

The actual name of this recipe is Easy Five Mexican Dip, but I hate the name of it.  Five what?!?!  The photo isn't great either, but that's totally my bad!  But in my defense, dips are hard to photograph!  :)  I made this recipe way back on New Years Eve in 2010.  I figured this would be a great throwback recipe to post since the Superbowl is coming up.  This is an easy, and delicious dip that I'm sure many would enjoy!

Original post from 2010: 
This was super easy to make, but it wasn't hot or spicy at all, so a little bit of rotel tomatoes in this would make it perfect!!  As you can see from the red text below, I also added some chopped cilantro.  Yum!  I found this recipe on Kraftfoods.

16 oz Velveeta Cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
8 oz cream cheese
2-15 oz cans of black beans, rinsed
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tomatoes, chopped
cilantro


Combine all ingredients except tomatoes and cilantro in microwaveable bowl.  Microwave on HIGH 5 min. or until Velveeta and cream cheese are melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 2 min. Stir in tomatoes and cilantro. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment