Sunday, January 18, 2015

#1,426: Carrot Pumpkin Spice Muffins

I did not think I was going to like this recipe mainly because there was so many eggs in it.  I was sure this was going to taste too egg-y for my liking.  When I ate it hot out of the oven, I was right.  I didn't enjoy these much at all.  However, once these cooled (I kept them in the fridge), I loved them!  I halved the recipe when I made these and only made 6.  I wish I would have made the full recipe and had more to eat for breakfasts (and a dessert!).  

6 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup pumpkin puree 
1/2 cup butter, clarified butter/ghee, or coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 mashed banana (use green-tipped/under ripe for sugar detox)
1/2 cup coconut flour
pinch of sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
3 cups shredded carrots (approximately 4 large carrots)

Preheat oven to 350F.  Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, butter or coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, and banana together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the carrots.

In a muffin tin, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup (natural parchment muffin papers work best for lining whereas standard papers may  easily stick!).


Bake for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment