Saturday, January 31, 2015

#1,450: Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash Curry


I decided to try this spaghetti squash curry (curry is newer for me!) and was excited, but skeptical.  Sadly, I don't like this recipe at all.  I don't know if it's the texture of the squash (it is quite soft) or the flavor or the combo of the two, but I could only eat one bite at a time and then had no desire to try another bite (I tried several times!).  I'm going to be sharing this with a co-worker in hopes that she likes it and I don't totally have to dump it all.  Never again for me though. 

1 medium spaghetti squash, 3 to 4 pounds
1 can of coconut milk, room temperature, well shaken
1/4 cup of water if using a full-fat coconut milk
1 to 2 Tbsp of red curry paste
4 to 6 whole garlic cloves, optional

Cut your spaghetti squash in half the short way. A serrated knife helps if you are unsure about cutting a hard squash.  Scoop out the seeds from the inside of your squash halves. 
Poke holes into the tops of your squash halves with a fork, at about 4 different points.

Pour your coconut milk (and water if using full fat coconut milk) into your crock pot, and add your curry paste and garlic cloves. Mix your curry paste into your coconut milk until it is dissolved.

Place your squash halves open/cut side down into your coconut curry mixture.

Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Remove your squash halves from your crock pot and use a large fork to scoop them out and return them to your slow cooker and stir well.


No comments:

Post a Comment