Sunday, January 18, 2015

#1,423: Apple, Quinoa and Kale Salad

Kale is one of those powerhouse veggies that I want to love and eat as often as possible, but still isn't my favorite veggie.  :)  So when I saw that this recipe mixed it with quinoa (which I DO love!), I was excited but a little nervous to try it.  This recipe is good, and definitely healthy.  I loved the texture and tiny bit of sweetness the green apple gives it but you have to love mustard to like this dressing.  Thankfully I LIKE mustard so I didn't think it was too bad, but this is not my most favorite thing to eat.  I enjoyed it for one meal, but wasn't overly excited to make it again.  If you love kale and you love mustard though, you might just totally dig this recipe!  

1 green apple, chopped
1/2 cup cooked and chilled quinoa
As much kale as you think you'll eat
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions

For the dressing:
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, mustard, and salt and pepper.

For the salad:
In a large bowl, combine apple, quinoa and kale. Toss with dressing. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment