Sunday, January 18, 2015

#1,425: Easy Thai Pumpkin Soup

I had some leftover canned pumpkin in my fridge and I really wanted to find a super simple recipe to use it with.  I came across this recipe and whipped this soup together in about 10 minutes.  It was so simple, and surprisingly, I really enjoyed this.  I think this would be good with a little texture and next time will either add in some crushed almonds or toasted bread cubes/croutons.  Even without the added texture I definitely still really enjoyed this recipe!  


2 tablespoons red curry paste (I used curry powder since I had it on hand)
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, about 32 ounces
2 15 ounce cans pumpkin puree
1¾ cup coconut milk, or a 13.5 ounce can, reserving 1 tablespoon
1 large red chili pepper, sliced
cilantro for garnish if desired

In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the curry paste for about one minute or until paste becomes fragrant. Add the broth and the pumpkin and stir.

Cook for about 3 minutes or until soup starts to bubble. Add the coconut milk and cook until hot, about 3 minutes.


Ladle into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of the reserved coconut milk and sliced red chilis. Garnish with cilantro leaves if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment