Friday, January 23, 2015

#1,436: Chicken (or turkey) and Zucchini Poppers

Look at those cute little meatballs!  Don't they look good?!  They are!  BUT these are very strong on the cilantro (which I happen to like).  So if you don't like cilantro very much, you probably won't like these.  I thought they were delicious though!  

1 lb. ground chicken breast (I used ground turkey...not a huge fan of ground chicken)
2c grated zucchini (leave peel on) (I squeezed out the excess water)
2-3 green onions, sliced
3-4 Tbsp cilantro, minced
1 clove garlic
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
optional: ¾ tsp cumin (I did add this)
I also added about 1 tbsp minced garlic
olive oil, for cooking (or coconut oil, avocado oil, or ghee)

Toss chicken with zucchini, green onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper (and cumin, if using). 

Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Use a small scoop or a heaped tablespoon to scoop meatballs into the pan. Cook 8-10 at a time for about 5-6 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.

I used a cast iron skillet (oven safe) and browned these on the stove for a few minutes on each side.  Then I threw the pan in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes until they were cooked all the way through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment