Thursday, January 29, 2015

#1,445: Crockpot Kielbasa and Potatoes


With the help of the hubby washing potatoes, I think I got this in the crockpot literally within 7 minutes!  Now that's an easy, "set it and forget it' type of dinner.  HOWEVER we hated this recipe.  Like it was so bad, I couldn't even serve the kielbasa.  The sausage was MUSH.  :(  Thankfully, I had another package of sausage in the fridge, so we quickly threw it on the grill.  I liked the potatoes and the GRILLED sausage together, but I would not make this again for my family.  This might be a recipe made better on the stovetop or oven. 


12 oz package smoked sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
8 small Yukon gold potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium onions, sliced (I only used half of one)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I omitted)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
3 sprigs of thyme (or ½ tsp dried)
3/4 cup chicken broth

Scrub potatoes well and cut into 2" pieces. (I left the smaller ones whole, and cut some of the larger ones in half). Place potatoes into slow cooker and add garlic, sliced onions and bell peppers. Season with salt, oregano, basil and thyme. Add chicken broth.  Stir ingredients to distribute seasonings.

Add smoked sausage to top of vegetables. Cover and cook 4 hours (high) or 8 hours (low)

No comments:

Post a Comment