Friday, January 23, 2015

#1, 435: Crockpot Italian Beef over Spaghetti Squash

I love easy recipes, and I especially love ones that I can throw together quickly and then come home to dinner totally made/done!  We ate this on a night that we weren't getting home until pretty late, so it was the prefect meal to have waiting for us when we got home.  I had pre-made the spaghetti squash so that saved me a ton of time.  The rest of the family ate this in some toasted rolls, but I loved it with the squash (yeah for low carb!).  We will definitely be making this on again. 

2.5 – 3 pounds of beef roast
2 cups chopped carrots
1 small white or yellow onion, sliced
4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of red chili flakes
1.5 cups organic crushed tomatoes (I omitted)
2 cups beef stock
1 Tbsp tomato paste


Trim your beef of excess fat, and set in the crockpot.
Peel and chop the carrots, slice the onion and chop the garlic. Add these to the pot with the beef along with the seasonings: salt, garlic powder, basil, oregano, thyme, cinnamon and red chili flakes.

Pour in the beef stock and crushed tomatoes. Add the tomato paste and give everything a good stir. Cover the slow cooker, set to low for 5-6 hours.  Shred when done and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment