Sunday, January 18, 2015

#1,419: Paleo Chocolate Chili


I currently cannot find the photo I took of this...If I ever find it, I'll be sure to add it!


I'll admit, I was a little nervous to make a chocolate chili, but I know it often gets big reviews on shows like Top Chef (ha ha), so I was willing to try it.  I'm super happy to report that I loved this chili!  Yes it tastes different than the kind my mom would make for us growing up, or chili that I'm typically used to eating, but it is still really good.  I will definitely make this again! However, after eating it for several days in a row, the flavors really start to change after it sits.  I found the longer it sat in the fridge, the less I liked it.  I think it got too dark and smokey tasting.  Not that it was bad, but it was starting to taste less and less like a typical chili that I would eat.  I would still make this again though.  

1 pound of ground meat (I used ground turkey)
1 can tomato paste
1 can diced tomato
2 cups beef broth
About 1 pounds diced vegetables (I didn’t have that much fresh veggies on hand so I used onion, garlic, and a bell pepper.  Next time I will add zucchini and carrots too)
1/2 tbsp of dark cocoa powder (I used regular cocoa powder and added about 1/8+ cup)
1/8 cup Chili powder (I used about 2-3 tbsp)
cayenne pepper to taste
Salt/pepper to taste

Brown ground meat, set aside.  Add all the veggies with the broth and boil until veggies are tender. Add ALL ingredients to the crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment