Sunday, January 18, 2015

#1,427: Skor Squares


Whenever I use/think of Skor candy, I think of my dad.  He is the only person on the earth that I know who can literally take ONE bite of candy and be done for the night.  I did not get his lack of love/addiction to candy and sugar!  One of his favorite types of candy is Skor, so when I saw this recipe I thought of him...and always will. :)  This is such a super simple recipe to make and Chloe (age 5) helped me make this one.  I'm taking these bars with me to book club tomorrow.  This makes an 8x8 pan, but they are already super thick, so I made/filled 6 regular sized muffin cups with the mixture too.  This also gave me a slight excuse to try one (or two) without cutting into the 8x8 pan before book club!  I think these are really good!  Personally, I also think it could have used a tiny bit more sweetened condensed milk, but I didn't want to open/waste another can, so I went with the original recipe.  Probably would be good either way.  Definitely save some of the skor to add to the melted chocolate on top (I did that for the 8x8 pan but not the ones pictured above), mainly because it makes it so much nicer looking when finished.  Still delicious without it on top though!

1 (11.3 oz) box Ritz crackers
1 (8 oz) bag toffee bits
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup milk chocolate chips (I used about 3/4 of a bag)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Place all of the Ritz crackers in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs. Pour them into a bowl.

To the bowl of crackers, add 1 cup of the toffee bits and the can of sweetened condensed milk. Stir until combined. Press into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.


Immediately pour the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the bars. Allow them to sit for a few minutes to melt, then spread evenly over the top. (If they aren't melting, stick the pan back into the oven for a minute or two.) Sprinkle on the remaining toffee bits. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment