Saturday, August 31, 2013

#1,078: Goulash


This recipe has been sitting on one of my pinterest boards for over a year now.  It was about time to make it and get it off my boards!! :)  I did not actually eat this.  Since I'm doing Paleo, I have to let my family review this instead.  I made the meat/filling ahead of time and froze.  Then I let this defrost in the fridge overnight.  I added the noodles before I cooked it and then popped it in the oven to finish cooking and warm up.  The night we ate it, my family liked it, but wasn't in love with it.  My husband said the flavors really melded overnight and he really enjoyed it more reheated.  Everyone thought it needed more seasoning and sauce though.


1lb ground beef
1 can tomato soup
6 oz can tomato paste
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni 
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (more to taste)
1 can (15oz) corn, drained
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1-2 cups shredded cheese (depending on your “cheesiness” preference)

Brown Ground beef with onion powder and garlic powder.  Drain.  Cook noodles according to package, drain.  In a large bowl, combine soup, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, noodles and ground beef.  Stir in corn.

Transfer to an ungreased 8X8 freezer baking dish and top with cheese.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until heated through and melted cheese.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment