Saturday, August 3, 2013

#1,051: Pumpkin Breakfast Pudding


When you eat this, remember it is a pudding.  PUDDING.  It's not an egg bake.  So it's not going to have a firm texture.  It's the texture of a baked pudding.  Okay I think I got my point across.  Now, if you like thick, fruity puddings, you will probably like this one.  I loved it.  Granted, I added some toasted coconut and toasted raw almonds on top to give it texture, but it was VERY good.  I will be eating this for breakfast for the next few days and it will be great to take with me to school once it starts again in a few weeks.  Love this.

2 cups coconut milk
1 can mashed pumpkin
1 ripe banana
cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
salt
1 tbs. coconut oil, melted
3 tbs. almond meal

Preheat oven to 350. Heat coconut milk in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add pumpkin and banana. Cook for a couple of minutes, mashing up banana (you can also use an immersion blender, which I did). Season to taste with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment