Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#1,056: Homemade Paleo Mayo


I'll be the first to admit, I actually really dislike mayo.  I don't like it on my sandwiches at all.  The only time I eat it is in tuna or as an ingredient for a dip.  As I've been doing paleo, I've not been eating much tuna because I don't know what to put in it as a replacement.  I saw online you could make your own, but you had to blend it for about 5 minutes and add olive oil drip by drip.  Too much effort.  I wasn't about to try making it.  Then I found this recipe which uses an immersion blender and makes it in under 2 minutes.  It looked so simple.  So I tried it.  And it failed.  :(  My mayo was so watery. 

So I did the next best thing and googled, "homemade paleo mayo watery."  Love you google!  I found another website that told me how to try and fix it.  And thankfully it worked!  So now, I have actual paleo-friendly mayo to use!! 

Here's the link to the video that shows you how to make the mayo with an immersion blender:http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/10/the-food-lab-homemade-mayo-in-2-minutes-or-le.html  (the video is about half way down the page)


Now incase you need it, here's the link on how to fix your mayo if it comes out watery:http://cdapaleo.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/paleo-mayonnaise-disaster-and-fix/


If you try this recipe let me know how it turned out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment