Saturday, August 31, 2013

#1,077: Mexican Spaghetti Squash Bake


I am NOT a lover of spaghetti squash.  Normally, I'll eat a little bit and then end up tossing the rest.  The idea that it replaces actual spaghetti just doesn't do it for me.  This recipe however, made me a spaghetti squash converter.  Holy cow did I LOVE this recipe.  It was so good I ate it for dinner one night and then again the next day for lunch, and I may or may not have bought another one to eat again this week.  :)

I made the recipe below even easier by cooking my spaghetti squash (cut in half) in the microwave for about 5 minutes.  Then I topped it with taco meat and salsa.  I never had to bake it...it was so good just like that!  Next time I will be adding some chopped onion, cilantro and avocado as well.  Delicious and paleo!!


4 cups spaghetti squash (about 1 whole squash, baked and prepared)
2 eggs
½ cup spaghetti or tomato sauce
¼ cup water
1 cup spiced hamburger
1/2 cup green pepper
1/4 cup red onion
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
toppings:
shredded cheddar
sour cream
fresh shredded lettuce
sliced black olives
salsa
guacamole

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a casserole, mix all ingredients except cheese. Top with cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Add toppings, either to the dish, or on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment