Saturday, August 3, 2013

#1, 048: Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad

Sometimes I find a recipe and although I am excited to try it, I'm either confident that my family or I will love the recipe, or we won't be big fans.  This was a recipe that I was sure I was going to love.  Shockingly, I didn't.  Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it wasn't great.  And lately, I'm not into eating "just ok" foods.   Maybe it was just me the day I made it.  Try it and let me know what you think of it. 

Ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
Japanese cucumber
Sweet tooth red peppers
Avocado
Basil
Flat-leafed parsley
Olive oil
Sea Salt
Toasted pine nuts (I used raw pumpkin seeds)
A fried egg (I omitted)

Combine vegetables in a bowl and toss with olive oil and sea salt.  Sprinkle liberally with pine nuts and top with a fried egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment