Friday, August 2, 2013

#1,047: Meatball Bubble Biscuits


As I've been doing Whole30 and Paleo most of this summer, I think my family might be starting to miss some of their old favorites like Bubble Up Casserole, lasagna, etc.  So I found this recipe that I hoped would be a new recipe for them to try, but one that they would enjoy and be more hearty/comfort food-ish, than we've been eating lately.

As you can tell by my blog, I cook a lot and often.  It's meals like this though that my family totally goes ga-ga for.  They RAVED about this dinner, telling me, "you really are the most wonderful cook" (Allison, age 6) and "Mom, this is DELICIOUS" (Chloe, age 4).  So glad I worked hard on this recipe.  :)

 
1 can Pillsbury golden layers biscuits - each pulled into 2 layers 
10 frozen fully cooked Italian style meatballs - thawed and cut in half 
2 sticks string cheese - cut each into 10 pieces 
1 tbsp parmesan cheese 
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning 
1/4 tsp garlic powder 
1 c. marinara sauce 

Heat oven to 375. Separate biscuits into 2 layers. Place 1 meatball half and one piece of cheese into each biscuit, wrap dough around it and seal edges. Place seam side down into 9 inch round cake pan. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Bake 18-20 min or until golden brown. Serve warm with warm sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment