Saturday, August 31, 2013

#1,075: Bacon Broccoli Salad

baconbroccolisalad
This is NOT my photo.  I'm not taking any credit for it, but I have been so busy with school starting, that I keep forgetting to take pictures of the foods/recipes I try.  This recipe is from Just Paleo, as is the photo above.  Go to their website and check out all the great recipes they have!
This recipe was so easy to throw together and I'm eating it often since it's a quick addition to my lunch or dinners.  The recipe below makes A LOT of salad, so pare it down accordingly to your needs.

10 strips of quality thick cut bacon
1 bag of broccoli or 3 heads (12 cups cut up)
1 cup mayo (I used homemade paleo mayo)
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup sliced almonds
Bake the bacon in the oven at 385 until crispy.  While bacon is cooking, start dicing up the broccoli into 1/2″ pieces or run it through a food processor.  Mix the mayo, vinegar and honey together in a bowl to make a dressing.  Mix the dressing, raisins and almonds into the broccoli.  Once bacon is done, throw it in the fridge to cool it down. Once cool, cut it up into small pieces and mix into the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment