Thursday, August 1, 2013

#1,045: Triple Berry Spinach Smoothie


I had all of the ingredients finally on hand for this recipe so I made it for myself for breakfast.  I didn't get to drink much of it though because Allison and Matthew confiscated it and finished it off.  I guess that means they liked it.  :)  This was very, very good (what little bit I had!).  The orange juice sweetened this up and gave it just a little bit of a tang.  I will definitely be making this again.  It's a great way to get in several servings of fruit (and a veggie), especially when we are on the go again when school starts. 

My smoothie definitely didn't look as pretty as the original recipe I found though so either I didn't add enough berries or I just have a really bad blender.  (Still yummy, just not pretty).


1 cup orange juice
1 cup frozen blueberries
½ cup frozen strawberries
½ cup frozen raspberries
1 1/2 cups loosely packed spinach


Add the orange juice, fruit, and spinach to a blender. Blend on medium-high speed until the all the spinach is blended and there is no visible green specks.
Add up to 2 tablespoons of agave syrup or honey if necessary to sweeten. Add additional ice cubes for a more icier drink. (I had to add some more water to this to thin it up enough to get through my blender).

No comments:

Post a Comment