Saturday, August 31, 2013

#1, 074: “Baked” Cinnamon Apples

Oh I hate writing this...sorry no photo for this one.  :(  I've made this so many times and I don't know why or how I keep forgetting to take a photo.  My kids actually do not enjoy these, but I LOVE them.  This is such an easy, quick, healthy addition to any breakfast, lunch or snack.  It's super easy to make and is great hot or reheated.  Make this!

1 Sweet Apple
½ Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Dash of Ground Nutmeg
Small Glass Bowl
Plastic Wrap or Lid for the Bowl

Peel the apple and cut into wedges. Put the coconut oil in the small, microwave safe bowl and microwave it for about 15-20 seconds until it’s melted.

Place apples and all other ingredients into the glass bowl. Mix it around to get the oil and spices on all the apples. Place the lid or plastic wrap on the top of the bowl. Leave a small vent open for steam to escape. Microwave on HIGH for 2:15.
Be very careful removing the bowl from the microwave. It will be extremely hot and there will be steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment