Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#1.059: Watermelon Salsa


This recipe is supposed to be a salsa.  However, the original recipe author suggested eating it like a salad.  So I did.  I really, really, really enjoyed this "salad."  But it sure would be great as a salsa too!!  I might make this for book club next week and let everyone else eat it with chips, while I eat it with a fork!  :)

1/2 whole Small Seedless Watermelon, Diced
2 Jalapeños, Seeded and Diced
1/2 Red Onion, Diced
1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced (I omitted since it was making it just for myself for lunch)
1 Orange Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced  (I omitted since it was making it just for myself for lunch)
1 Bunch Cilantro, Chopped (sadly, I had to omit since my cilantro was wilted)
Juice Of 1 To 2 Limes
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt; more if necessary to taste
 
Mix everything together in one large bowl; season with salt as needed. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment