Monday, April 29, 2013

#926: Skinny Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops

 
I really planned on making crockpot pork chops today make with chicken and rice, but I decided that since that recipe/meal is literally ready to go into the crockpot (but in the freezer) I better save that for during the week when I have less time to cook.  So I made these Skinny Pineapple Teriyaki Pork Chops instead. 

Brian and I both thought these were just okay and a little dry.  I don't think these need to be cooked for 40-50 minutes as directed.  If I make this again I'll also put the pineapple directly onto the cookie sheet so it browns up more and lets the pork chop brown as well. 

The girls (particularly Allison) loved this.  She out ate all of us. 


4 4oz boneless, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed pork chops
2 tablespoons thick teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons sweet Asian chili sauce (I used spring roll dipping sauce so it wasn't spicy)
8 pineapple rings packed in juice
Dash cayenne pepper, or more to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a bowl, mix teriyaki sauce with chili sauce.  Spray a large sheet of foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray. Place the pork chops on the sheet and top with the teriyaki-chili sauce. Flip pork over, and coat evenly on both sides. Top pork chops with pineapple slices and sprinkle with your desired amount of cayenne pepper. Cook for 40-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment