Thursday, April 11, 2013

#909: Chicken Salad Dijon With Grapes and Apple


Oh my goodness, this chicken salad is delicious!  I don't like real chicken breasts in my chicken salad so I used a can of shredded chicken instead.  I will definitely be making this again.  Yummy!!  The only change (besides the boneless, skinless chicken breast, was to cut down on the Dijon mustard A LOT!  The recipe calls for equal parts Dijon and yogurt and it was WAY too mustard-y for my liking.  So I did 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard to 3 tbsp to yogurt.  Much better!

1 pound trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use a large can of shredded chicken instead)
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (I omitted)
Ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup seedless grapes, each cut in half
1/3 cup chopped red apple


(I skipped this part): Preheat a grill to high heat.  Rub the chicken all over with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Allow the chicken to cool, then cut it into bite-sized cubes.

In a large glass or plastic mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, the yogurt and mustard. Add the chicken, celery, grapes, and apple. Gently toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.  Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment