Wednesday, April 10, 2013

#902: Crockpot Pork Chops


Apparently we are on a small pork kick.  Actually it's because pork and pork chops were on sale this week and I'm trying to keep our grocery budget down (even though that is one area I'm not very good at budgeting!)  Anyhow, I made this recipe because I was going to be home late one night for dinner and I wanted it to be an easy meal for Brian to get ready with the kids in tow. 

Personally, I really enjoyed these pork chops.  They were really moist and tender.  Brian thought they tasted like crockpot round steak and wasn't a huge fan.  He said he'd prefer the round steak instead.  The girls didn't eat much of it and Matthew wouldn't eat it at all until I let him sit on my lap and eat if off my plate...then he ate all of it.  :)  Of course he did. 


I personally would make these again but since Brian wasn't in love with them (and I have other ways I enjoy making pork chops) I probably won't make them again.  Not that they weren't good though. 

6 lean pork chops
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1 cup chicken broth
 
Place pork chops in slow cooker.  In a separate bowl, combine soup mix and chicken broth, stir. Pour over chops.  Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment