Thursday, April 11, 2013

#905: Spinach Smoothie With Avocado and Apple

I had an avocado sitting on my counter and I needed a recipe to use it in.  So I went to my Pinterest board and found this recipe waiting for me.  I also had everything I needed on hand, so it was pretty much fate to make it.  

The girls and I were not fans.  Matthew thought it was okay and I was able to get him to drink a little.  A little is better than nothing I guess.  I don't think I'd make this again...not for me anyway.  If I had all of this in the fridge I'd make a small batch for Matthew but only if I really wanted to use up leftover ingredients.  I can think of a better way to use spinach, an apple and an avocado! 

1 1/2  cups  apple juice (I used water)
2  cups  stemmed and chopped spinach or kale
apple—unpeeled, cored, and chopped
1/2  avocado, chopped
 
Combine the apple juice, spinach, apple, and avocado in a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minute, adding water to reach the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment