Wednesday, April 3, 2013

#899: Roasted Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Bundles



I was looking for healthy, easy side dishes to go with the ham I was preparing for Easter lunch and came across this recipe.  It was almost too simple to pass up, yet the asparagus seemed festive and the bacon was...well just yummy.  I know this called for Prosciutto but I didn't feel like trying to find it in the grocery store so I went with bacon. 

This was so easy and it was ridiculously easy to put together.  I would definitely make this again...with bacon too! 

1 1/4 lb thin asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed
extra virgin olive oil spray
fresh cracked pepper to taste
4 slices (2 oz) thin sliced prosciutto

Preheat oven to 400°.  Lightly spritz asparagus spears with extra virgin oil. Season with fresh cracked pepper and divide into 4 bundles.

Gather 1/4 of the asparagus and use a slice of prosciutto to wrap each bundle and place on a baking dish seam side down. Repeat with remaining, place on baking dish and bake 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment