Saturday, April 27, 2013

#922: Skinny Creamy Italian Chicken Skillet


This recipe is supposed to be served over a really delicious looking light pasta, but it had too many ingredients in it that my family wouldn't eat so I figured I'd just make the chicken part of this recipe.  It was definitely easy to make.  I whipped together some pesto in the morning before work and then just let it marinade all day.  It cooked up really quickly in a skillet when I got home so dinner was on the table in no time. 

We all really enjoyed this chicken dish.  I will definitely make this again.  Best part is, my family had no idea it had pesto in it. 

So since I didn't make the pasta, I'm not going to post the recipe instructions for it.  But if you want the actual recipe, go here

4 small chicken breasts
1/2 bottle Lowry’s Garlic Herb Marinade
2 Tablespoons prepared pesto


Combine marinade and pesto in a large Ziploc bag then add chicken breasts and squish to coat. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.

Saute marinated chicken in a large skillet sprayed well with non-stick spray over medium heat for 5-6 minutes a side, or until no longer pink in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment