Sunday, April 17, 2011

#243: Black Bean Salsa


I'll try most recipes that I find in my Parents Magazine since they are usually pretty kid friendly.  Well maybe not friendly enough for my kids or hubby to try, but usually something that I would want to eat!  When I came across this recipe I immediately bookmarked it because I LOVE black beans and figured it would be a good recipe to bring to book club...so I did!  PS...I doubled this recipe!  Next time, I would continue to make this with my additions PLUS add some red onion too.  (I just didn't have any on hand).  We'll see if my fellow book clubbers enjoy this one. 

1 cup canned low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup chopped, seeded tomato
1/2 cup chopped yellow or orange bell pepper
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
cilantro, chopped
minced garlic
salt


1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine beans, tomato, peppers.
3.  Add cilantro, garlic and salt.
4. In a small bowl whisk  olive oil and lime juice. Toss and serve with freshly baked tortilla chips or scoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment