Saturday, April 16, 2011

#239: Cheesy Cowboy Cornbread


A co-worker got a donation of Highlights Magazines from a parent and shared some of them with me.  As I was going through them deciding if I should keep each one or not, I found a recipe for this cornbread in one of them.  I had all of the ingredients on hand to make it and I figured I could make this to go with our Chili Mac dinner. 

1 1/2 c flour (I used 1 c all-purpose and 1/2 c whole wheat)
1/2 c cornmeal
1/2 c sugar
2 c grated cheese (I used 1 1/4 c shredded low fat cheddar)

1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 c milk (I used skim)

1/2 c vegetable oil (I used unsweetened applesauce)

Stir together first six ingredients.  Set aside.  In a small bowl beat the eggs milk and vegetable oil until the mixture is light yellow.  Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture.  Stir until everything is moist. 


Pour into a greased 8x8 pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until the edges are light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment