Sunday, April 10, 2011

#236: Turkey Enchiladas


I found this recipe in my TOH magazine and since I had some left over ground turkey thawing in the fridge, I figured I'd give it a try.  Brian and Allison didn't eat this with the corn/cilantro mixture on top, but I did.  I liked it...I didn't love it, but I really did like this.  Since it's not something anyone else in my family would eat, I probably wouldn't make this version again, but I would definitely make this meat mixture.

1-1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies (I used 2 oz)
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (I used skim milk)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


ENCHILADAS:
3/4 pound ground turkey
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup salsa
1 tablespoon cornmeal
2 teaspoons chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives


Directions
Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended.
In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; stir in the salsa, cornmeal and seasonings.
Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Spoon corn mixture over the top; sprinkle with olives and remaining cheese.
Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment