Tuesday, April 12, 2011

#237: Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes


Can you tell we like sloppy joes at our house?!  This is now the fifth sloppy joe recipe we've tried.  :)  I like this one because I could make it ahead of time, freeze it, and then just reheat and cook in the crockpot for a couple of hours.  I actually made this on Sunday so we could eat it as soon as we get home on Monday and I didn't have to try and have the crockpot go on in the middle of the day. 

This was yummy!!  I loved it!  Actually we all enjoyed this one except for Chloe.  But Chloe does like sloppy joes, so she must not have been in a "sloppy" kind of mood. 
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onions
1/3 cup chopped celery (I omitted)
1/8 cup chopped green bell pepper
4-oz.of bottle chili sauce (I omitted)
1/2 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I used steak sauce)
Pepper
6-8 sandwich buns, split


In large skillet, cook ground beef, onions, celery and bell pepper over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.


In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine ground beef mixture and all remaining ingredients except buns; mix well.  Cover; cook on low setting for 4 to 6 hours.  Stir; spoon beef mixture into buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment